This Supply Chain Management Basics online training course explores the nature of supply chains and their management. A supply chain is a network of companies and business activities that procure materials, transform these materials into intermediate and finished products, and distribute these finished products to customers. Supply chain management is the coordination of activities and functions of the companies in the supply chain, with the goal of producing products with the best combination of responsiveness and efficiency for the market being served.
In this course, you will learn about the essential considerations for developing and managing a supply chain, the key processes in managing today’s supply chains, and the capabilities of Supply Chain Event Management tools.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this Supply Chain Management Basics course, the user will learn to:
- Recall the essential considerations for developing and managing a supply chain
- Describe the difference between vertical and virtual supply chains, and their advantages and disadvantages
- Outline key processes in managing today’s supply chains
- Summarize the capabilities of Supply Chain Event Management tools
This online Supply Chain Management Basics course is made up of the following sections:
- About Supply Chains
- Supply Chain Management Considerations
- Global Supply Chain Management
This Supply Chain Management Basics online training course was designed for managers and employees involved in producing, warehousing, transporting, and selling products.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.