More and more companies are finding that flexibility for employees in both work hours and work location helps them attract and retain the best talent and actually improve productivity.
This Running A Virtual Office online training course identifies the potential benefits and pitfalls in managing a virtual workforce, gives guidelines for maintaining communication, monitoring productivity, and encouraging peak performance. There are methods for assuring alignment and consistency, and suggestions for preserving important working relationships without the traditional work structure.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Running A Virtual Office course, the user will learn to:
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the virtual office program.
- Recall characteristics of a successful virtual office candidate.
- Review the essential requirements of a virtual office program.
- List the elements that should be included in a virtual office proposal.
- Recall the items that should be included in a virtual office employee/employer contract.
- Recognize the importance of involving the IT department in the decision-making and implementation process.
- List the major problems that could occur during the transition to a virtual office and how to avoid them.
- Explain how to establish and maintain effective communication with virtual office employees.
- Discuss time and task management strategies for home-based employees.
- Review success criteria for a virtual office program.
This online Running A Virtual Office course is made up of the following sections:
- Strategy 1 – Design a Virtual Office
- Strategy 2 – Coach Employees on Setup
- Strategy 3 – Measure the Success of the Program
This Running A Virtual Office online training course was designed for employees and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.