This Performance Appraisal Basics online training course is designed to educate you about the critical elements of the performance appraisal process. This course will give you an understanding of the importance of performance appraisal, explain the critical elements of the performance appraisal process, the essentials of a sound approach to appraisal, and how to apply an appraisal to groups and teams.
The core element of every manager's job is performance management. Effectiveness in this area is directly determined by how well the manager plans and conducts the year-round and year-end performance appraisal, a process that involves the establishment of performance standards or objectives and an overall review of performance.
Many subordinates fear the appraisal process, and others are truly dissatisfied with the way their superiors have handled it. Furthermore, many managers do not like to do appraisals, in large part because of a lack of training and true appreciation of its importance.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Performance Appraisal Basics course, the user will learn to:
- Explain the purposes of performance appraisal.
- Describe the critical elements of the performance appraisal process.
- Identify the attributes of effective performance standards.
- Describe the application of appraisal to groups and teams.
- Recognize the role of coaching in the appraisal process.
- Recall the most common appraisal errors and how to avoid them.
- Describe different performance appraisal methods.
- Explain why rating forms can facilitate the appraisal process.
This online Performance Appraisal Basics course is made up of the following sections:
- Purposes of Performance Appraisal
- Legal Aspect of Performance Appraisal
- The Performance Appraisal Process
- Key Performance Standards
- Appraising Groups and Teams
- Performance Appraisal Errors
- Appraisal Methods
- Performance Appraisal Forms
This Performance Appraisal Basics online training course was designed for managers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.