In this Interviewing Job Candidates online training course, you will learn how to define exactly what you are looking for in a job candidate, and be given checklists and discussion guides to ask the right questions and get relevant answers. The course addresses the most common legal pitfalls and how to avoid them, as well as issues you should consider when evaluating a candidate. This is a practical course with tools and methods to help you prepare to get the results you want.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Interviewing Job Candidates course, the user will learn to:
- Recall the guidelines for organizing a successful group interview.
- Discuss the steps that will help you prepare for the interview.
- Explain what the interviewer should do to move through the interview smoothly and make a candidate feel at ease.
- Recognize the most common legal pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- List the questions the interviewer should be prepared to answer during the interview.
- Explain why it is important to observe the behavior of the candidate.
- Recall the guidelines for closing the interview.
- Describe the process of identifying specific fits and mismatches of a job candidate.
- Tell how to handle candidate follow-up effectively.
This online Interviewing Job Candidates course is made up of the following sections:
- Strategy 1 – Establish a Framework
- Strategy 2 – Conduct the Interview
- Strategy 3 – Evaluate the Candidate
This Interviewing Job Candidates online training course was designed for managers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.