This Inclusive Workplace [CAN] online training course explores practical ways to implement inclusion in the workplace.
In this course, you will discover key barriers that stop employees from experiencing a sense of belonging in the workplace, with a special focus on the detrimental impact of discrimination and harassment.
To avoid or manage these negative experiences, you will identify concrete actions that can make the workplace, work environment, and workstation conducive. These strategies will include changing policies and practices, that will not only ensure that your organization is compliant with federal and provincial policies but will also improve trust in your brand values in the marketplace.
This course will also emphasize the importance of accessibility in the built environment and the web, so that employees and customers with disabilities, visible and invisible, can participate equitably.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Inclusive Workplace [CAN] course, the user will learn:
- Identify barriers to a positive work experience for all employees
- Recognize harassment and discrimination in the workplace
- Describe the characteristics of an inclusive workplace
- Identify how sound policies and practices promote equity and inclusion
- Explain the organization’s responsibility in applying diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) to all areas of work, workspaces, and the employee lifecycle
- Identify the organization’s role in ensuring an accessible workplace
This online Inclusive Workplace [CAN] course is made up of the following sections:
- Barriers to a Positive Work Experience
- Creating Inclusive Workplaces
- Inclusion in Practice
This Inclusive Workplace [CAN] online training course was designed for all Canadian employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.