This Health and Safety Liability for Senior Executives [Canada] online training course explores senior executives’ legal responsibilities for health and safety, as well as liability for non-compliance. As a senior executive, you are responsible for the health and safety of everyone working for your company. If someone gets injured or dies while on the job, both the company and you personally can be held legally liable. Penalties can be fines, imprisonment or both. In this course, you will learn about senior executives’ duties for protecting employees’ health and safety, which laws apply, who enforces them, how to demonstrate compliance, penalties for non-compliance and strategies for defense against charges.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Health and Safety Liability for Senior Executives [Canada] course, the user will learn:
- Senior executive's responsibilities in occupational health and safety legislation and the Criminal Code of Canada
- The actions senior executives should take to ensure compliance with legislation
- The types of offences and penalties companies and individual senior executives face for non-compliance
- The actions required to demonstrate due diligence as a legal defense against charges
This online Health and Safety Liability for Senior Executives [Canada] course is made up of the following sections:
- Legislation and Duties
- Ensuring Compliance
- Types of Offences, Enforcement and Penalties
- Defense Against Penalties
This Health and Safety Liability for Senior Executives [Canada] online training course was designed for company CEOs, CFOs, directors and senior managers.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.