This Conflicts of Interest online training course explores the practices of reciprocity and kickbacks and the associated laws and regulations; how activities undertaken could present conflict of interest issues; and potential conflict of interest issues that may arise when dealing with government agencies or employees. It is imperative that companies adhere to the highest levels of integrity and fairness in the way they conduct their business. Only then can they maintain public trust and confidence. This course sets out and explains conflict of interest situations – what they are and how to avoid them. The objective is to help you deal with similar situations that you encounter in your job.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Conflicts of Interest course, the user will learn:
- The definition of “conflict of interest”
- The practices of reciprocity and kickbacks and the associated laws and regulations
- How to identify situations involving gifts and favors that could compromise your business objectivity
- How to recognize situations of divided loyalty
- Activities undertaken outside the company that could present conflict of interest issues
- How to identify situations where financial interests or personal relationships could cause conflicts of interest
- The potential conflict of interest issues that may arise when dealing with government agencies or employees
This online Conflicts of Interest course is made up of the following sections:
- Relationship with Customers and Suppliers
- Duty of Loyalty
- Outside Activities
- Financial Interests
- Family and Personal Relationships
- Government Agencies and Employees
This Conflicts of Interest online training course was designed for all Canadian employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.