This Incident Investigation online training course explores the incident investigation process and measures to take to prevent similar incidents from occurring again.
Thousands of workplace incidents occur throughout the United States and Canada every day. Most are caused by the failure of people, equipment, supplies, or surroundings to behave as expected.
Many incidents appear to happen for obvious reasons. It is easy to conclude that a worker was involved in an incident because they worked unsafely or because the work site was known for its hazardous conditions. Although these things can contribute to an incident, there may also be other, less obvious factors involved. The true cause of an incident may not be discovered until an incident investigation is conducted. The investigation will determine not only what happened, but how, and why.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Incident Investigation course, the user will learn:
- Understand the goals of an incident investigation and how it can prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future
- Know who should conduct an incident investigation
- Secure an incident scene
- Apply Root Cause Analysis to an incident investigation
- Understand why complete and thorough interviews are important and how you can help in this process
- Report close calls and near misses effectively
- Understand the role of policies, equipment, and training in preventing incidents
This online Incident Investigation course is made up of the following sections:
- Preparing for an Incident Investigation
- Determining the Cause(s)
- Doing Your Part
- Reaching Conclusions
- After the investigation
This Incident Investigation online training course was designed for employees who are members of the health and safety committee, health and safety representatives, supervisors, and managers.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.